When we talk about Marketo email and landing page templates, they’re the secret sauce to scaling your marketing campaigns quickly and effectively within Marketo. But when we say “templates,” we might not be on the same page.
You might be picturing a gallery where you pick a design, swap out a few elements, and voila – you’ve got an email. This may sound good on paper, yet very few marketers end up happy with the end result (or the performance).
What you really need is a customizable, modular template that can adapt to your company’s unique brand needs. And – this is important – can meet the unique creative and design needs of each of your marketing campaigns.
No email or landing page on the planet can keep up with the pace of creativity and innovation on a modern marketing team. Marketers are at their best when they have the least amount of creative restrictions. Templates are great when you need a box, but no demand gen marketer wants to be stuck in a creativity box.
That’s where Knak comes in. Knak lets you build Marketo email and landing page templates that are as flexible as they are beautiful. And the best part? You can share these templates within your organization with ease.
The Challenges of Email and Landing Page Templates in Marketo
Creating and managing email and landing page templates in Marketo can be a complex task, especially for those without extensive technical skills. Here are some of the challenges you might face:
- Modifying Modules: Marketo templates can be rigid and difficult to edit. Adding or removing modules can be a complex process, and there’s always the risk of messing up an email when modifying it.
- Technical Skills: Designing an aesthetically pleasing and functional email or landing page often requires a certain level of technical skills. This can be a barrier for marketers who may not have a background in coding or web design.
- Email Client Compatibility: There are dozens of email clients out there, each with their own quirks and features. Ensuring your email looks good and functions properly across all these platforms can be a daunting task.
- Responsive Design: With more and more people checking their business emails on mobile devices, it’s crucial that your templates are responsive. This means they need to automatically adjust to fit the screen size of the device they’re viewed on. Achieving this can be tricky without the right tools and knowledge.
- Brand Controls: Managing brand controls such as logo usage and color palette can also be challenging. Ensuring consistency across all your emails and landing pages is crucial for maintaining a professional and cohesive brand image.
These challenges can make the process of creating and managing Marketo templates time-consuming and frustrating. However, with the right tools and strategies, it’s possible to overcome these obstacles and create effective, beautiful emails and landing pages.
The Power of No-Code Email and Landing Page Template Builders
No-code tools are game-changers. They bypass technical barriers and unleash creativity, letting marketers bring their ideas to life without having to loop in developers, designers, and additional team members. Sometimes, this might mean creating a prototype to show your design team. Other times, it’s taking a project from start to finish. No-code tools put you in the driver’s seat of the creative process.
Knak is a no-code campaign creation tool that empowers Marketo users to build email and landing page templates. It’s a game-changer for scaling Marketo campaigns, helping you reach your audience faster and cut down on campaign creation time. And let’s not forget the user experience – our customers agree that Knak makes campaign creation smoother and more enjoyable.
How does Knak work?
- Ease of Modifying Modules: With Knak’s intuitive drag-and-drop builder, adding, removing, or editing modules becomes a breeze. You can easily customize your templates without the risk of messing up your emails.
- No Technical Skills Required: Knak is designed to be user-friendly, even for those without a background in coding or web design. You can create stunning and functional emails and landing pages without needing to write a single line of code.
- Email Client Compatibility: Knak takes the guesswork out of email client compatibility. The platform continuously tests against a wide range of email clients, ensuring your emails look good and function properly across all platforms.
- Responsive Design: Knak templates are automatically responsive, meaning they adjust to fit the screen size of the device they’re viewed on. This ensures a seamless experience for your audience, whether they’re viewing your emails on a desktop or mobile device.
- Brand Controls: With Knak, managing brand controls becomes straightforward. You can easily enforce brand guidelines such as logo usage and color palette across all your emails and landing pages. This ensures consistency and helps maintain a professional and cohesive brand image.
Technical Requirements for Marketo Email and Landing Page Templates
Creating a Marketo template by hand? You’ll need to be aware of the technical requirements to make sure your emails work as they should. That’s why no-code tools like Knak are so handy. They take care of all the technical details, so you don’t have to worry about HTML/CSS, file size and format, or making sure your emails are responsive.
But if you’re interested in the technical side of things, here’s a quick rundown:
|Technical Requirement||Email Requirements||Landing Page Requirements|
|HTML and CSS||Supports HTML and inline CSS
– Not all CSS properties supported by all email clients
|Supports HTML and inline CSS|
|Responsiveness||Templates should be responsive to fit different screen sizes||Templates should be responsive to fit different screen sizes|
|Image Size and Format||Images should be web-friendly and optimized for quick loading||Images should be web-friendly and optimized for quick loading|
|Form Integration||N/A||Include forms to capture lead information|
|Marketo Specific Elements||Can include tokens for personalization
– Test across different email clients and devices
|Can include tokens for personalization
– Test across different devices
Scaling Marketo Programs with Email and Landing Page Templates
When using a landing page builder or email template builder like Knak, you can start to really think about how to scale your programs within Marketo. The functionality of the drag and drop editor means your team can build beautiful emails and landing pages that are responsive and use the proper technicals behind the scenes.
This immediately empowers your creative team to rapidly move through the design to campaign launch process. But what about the benefits for marketing operations?
It’s fairly common practice to set up programs in Marketo as a template that use a common set of creative assets and marketing automation logic. For instance, creating a webinar program that includes a combination of emails, landing pages, and the underlying logic necessary for lead followup and integrating with a webinar provider.
Again, another common practice is to use placeholder content in the email and landing pages and either replace it manually (boo) or use tokens and dynamic content to update content (yay). With Knak, you can leverage tokens to personalize your content – and to rapidly scale campaigns with rock-solid emails.
It’s easy to clone the program, and then by modifying tokens, you can quickly customize the program and launch a new campaign. This can take your campaign creation time on programs like webinars and events down from weeks to days or even hours.
Marketo Email Template Examples
What’s actually possible with Knak and Marketo for email templates? Explore our Email Gallery to see 50+ examples of real-world Marketo examples.
Let’s take a look at a few examples to see what can be achieved.
This simple webinar invite email combines a few modules:
- CTA header section
- Speaker section
- Additional details section
It works well to create a compelling, concise email.
Zapier’s email newsletter gives a good example of the type of modules to include in your Marketo email:
- Main banner section
- Main content section
- Related content section
The layout is straightforward and easy to use, which is complemented by a clean design.
Monday.com’s user onboarding email is well designed and practical. It includes important elements such as:
- Header or hero section
- Step-by-step instructions section
What we really like about this email is that it links CTA buttons to product features that users can utilize.
No-code tools are a marketer’s best friend. They remove the technical barriers that have historically inhibited creative endeavors and let you take control of the creative process. Campaign creation with a tool like Knak in Marketo makes life easier for enterprise clients and for all clients of Marketo.
The power of no-code email and landing page tools is to remove these technical barriers, enable creativity, and to help marketing operations and demand generation professionals rapidly scale their Marketo programs while keeping brand controls and guardrails in place. Knak is the ideal tool for this. For more information, check out our Marketo templates page.