Statement of Commitment
Knak is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to working towards and maintaining full compliance with the standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). In doing so, Knak affirms its commitment to providing a high quality of service in a manner that respects the needs and independence of persons with disabilities.
Our dedicated People & Culture Team ensures we advocate for equity and encourage positive change within our team and our external community. You can read more about our team here: https://knak.com/careers/
To meet our commitment, Knak has established a multi-year accessibility plan that is reviewed and updated at least every three years. The plan outlines the policies and actions that we have taken and our continuing commitment to improving opportunities and ensuring our services are accessible for people with disabilities.
We actively monitor and use accessFlow to make changes to our website content to ensure they are accessible and conforming to WCAG 2.1 and ADA guidelines. We regularly review new content to ensure it aligns with accessibility guidelines and make any necessary amendments.
Customer Service and Communications
Knak is committed to providing accessible customer service and content, as well as meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We provide training to our employees on ways to communicate with our customers to meet their information and communication needs.
Persons with disabilities are provided with an equal opportunity to obtain, use, and benefit from the products and services available through Knak. Assistive devices may be used by persons with disabilities to access our products and services.
Knak has implemented a feedback process in our Accessibility Policy and encourages people to use our feedback process, which offers various contact options. We are committed to addressing feedback in a timely manner and using it to improve our accessibility initiatives.
Training: We provide accessibility training to all employees and contractors. This training includes the requirements of the AODA, as well as Knak's Accessibility Policies and ways of communicating with people with various types of disabilities. All team members complete the training within the first 30 days of employment, placement, or start of a contract.
Recruitment and Employment
Knak is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We provide an accessible candidate experience, which is specified in our job postings, and offer accommodations and adjustments during the recruitment and assessment processes upon request. Knak also works to facilitate needed accommodations for its employees and supports return-to-work plans for employees who have been absent due to a disability.
For more information on this accessibility plan or to provide feedback, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Feedback Process
Knak values customer feedback and is committed to continuously improving our accessibility practices. We strive to provide excellent service to all customers, including those with disabilities, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) customer service standards. We uphold the principles of dignity, independence, integrity, and equal opportunity in all our interactions.
We appreciate your comments and suggestions on how we can enhance our accessibility. You can provide feedback through any of the following channels:
- Email: Send your feedback to email@example.com.
- Phone: Call us at 1-800-945-1408 to share your feedback directly with our Office Administrator.
- In-person: You can visit our office located at 2 Gurdwara Road, Suite 200, Ottawa, ON K2E 1A2 and provide your feedback in person.
When we receive your feedback, we will follow these steps to address it:
- Email feedback: Upon receiving your email, Knak will respond within two (2) business days. We will acknowledge your feedback and provide an outline of the steps we will take, if necessary, to address any concerns or suggestions.
- Phone call feedback: If you choose to provide feedback over the phone to our Office Administrator, we will follow up within two (2) business days. We will discuss your feedback and outline the actions we will take, if necessary, to address any issues raised.
- In-person feedback: When you provide feedback during an office visit, our Office Administrator will record the details of your feedback. If required, we will collect your contact information for further communication. Within two business days, we will follow up and outline the steps we will take, if necessary, to address your feedback.
Thank you for your valuable input. Your feedback helps us improve our accessibility practices and ensure an inclusive experience for all our customers.