The Definitive Guide to Email Maturity
Email continues to be one of the most effective marketing channels, and since nothing underscores that point quite like a few compelling stats, here are some of our favourites, courtesy of Hubspot:
- Email generates $38 for every $1 spent. That’s an astonishing 3800% ROI. 😲
- 73% of millennials prefer that communications from businesses come via email
- 59% of people say marketing emails influence their purchasing decisions
- More than 50% of people check their personal email account more than 10x/day
Since email is clearly such an excellent use of marketing resources, we have one burning question:
Why does it take so long to create new emails?
If email campaigns are the greatest revenue-driving tool in your toolbox, don’t you want to make sure they:
- Can be created easily and launched quickly (no coding required)
- Allow for maximum customization and brand consistency
- Don’t require extensive (and expensive) agency involvement
Of course you do! But unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for it to take days or weeks to get an email campaign out the door. Many teams depend on the tools in their marketing automation platform to build emails, even though the experience can be slow and inefficient.
It’s like the “devil you know”… the process isn’t optimal, but at least it’s familiar.
It’s time to dump inefficient systems.
Email creation has evolved. What used to be cutting edge – ahem, templates – has been replaced by simpler, more efficient ways to create the assets you need.
Right now, your team is definitely being asked to do more, so it’s all about refining the email creation process – making it simpler, so you can build better looking emails that keep your brand at the center and get to market quickly.
To help, we’ve created a visual aid. Introducing our new e-book, The 2020 Marketer’s Email Creation Maturity Model 👏
It’s designed to help your marketing or marketing ops team understand the way other organizations are creating, branding, and sending their campaigns with a side-by-side comparison of the most common email creation methods.
Download it now and learn:
- Why the right email creation process gets your emails to market faster
- The pros and cons of ad-hoc, template-based, and modular email creation
- How your agency’s involvement develops as your process matures
- What a true email creation platform should be doing for you
Here’s a sneak peak of the journey:
No matter how your team is creating emails, there’s a good chance it could be more efficient. Find out where you are on the process maturity journey, and make sure the most powerful tool in your marketing toolbox is as sharp as it can be.
Looking for inspiration for your next email campaign? Check out our Email Gallery to see 50+ high-converting email examples spanning over 10+ campaign categories.